Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!

Well. After having read may of H.P. Lovecraft's stories and also having recently finished another collected works book, I found myself in chapters looking for a new one. Unfortunatly they were out of more Lovecraft. I said "No problem, I'm a lover of fantasy and history. I'll just find a new book there." Well damn it if I didn't look for over a hour to find something remotly interesting to no avail. Wow vampires... as if that isn't an over done theme. Swords, magic, and avarice? Nah, after a while they're pretty much the same. Although it is hard to tell the quality from the cover and the short clip at the back. And as an aside... You know what? I really hate when the back of a book has reviews of the book instead of the synopsis. I don't give a fuck what some ahole from some stupid newspaper thinks. What is the damn book about?!.. Bastards. Anyway... So I go to history of which Chapters lacks anything worth reading. I can't find anything that I want to read. As if I had already read the best stories words had to offer and might as well give up reading cause I'll never find anything as good. Luckly an attendant told me that they did have some copies of more Lovecraft books that I haven't read but they couldn't find them. However, they did manage to find an "inspired by..." type of book called "Children of Cthulhu". Basically it's a collection of stories written by authors who were inspired by Lovecraft. I already have one of those but this was a new one. I bought it and hoped that it was acceptable. I told the people at chapters to keep looking cause soon enough I'll be back in looking for those other books and you don't want to get a horror fan mad. :P

4 Comments:

Blogger Merther said...

Fuck I hate these god damn ad freeking posts. DIE DIE DIE! Get off my blog. Last time it happened I disabled my comments. i shouldn't have to do that. I can't edit the comments on my blog. If there is a way to do that I would love it. Seriously I got this f-er withing 10 minutes of having posted. And I know cause my blog is my default page for my internet. They should dissable anonymous anyway. You should have to register as a real person in order to post a comment. not register for a blog mind you but just something with an email and a confimation code like XYPURPLEAHOLELSY that you have to type in to make sure that your're not some sorta stupid bot program like this.

9:33 PM  
Blogger Merther said...

please ignore my spelling mistakes. After all I can't correct comments. :P

9:35 PM  
Blogger Merther said...

I figured it out. No more garbage comments for me :p

7:32 PM  
Blogger Super Happy Jen said...

Maybe anonymous is a real person thinking you could make money on your idea to not have reviews on the backs of books. It's a great idea. Just tell people what the book is about and let the reader make her/his own value judgements. Brilliant!

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home