Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Year off

Well I've been taking this year off school to regroup and form a tactical plan, durring which there are things that I must do before I can go back and just like everything else I must wait past the extent of my patience before I can get any progress. At this point it seems likely that I'll have to take an additional year off unless things pick up. I'm thinking of trying to start up a webcomic of my own soon. Problem is deciding on a specific style for what I want. I've got some ideas and some sketches but I'm not entirly satisfied with any of them. It's difficult to simplify your art style to create something that is fast enough to make so that it can be done either daily, biweekly, or whatever, but also having a style that looks good enough according to your tastes. At this point I'm pretty much teaching myself. It works but it's slow going. I need something like back in the Burlington art centre where they've got models to draw every two days. Stuff like that costs money though. In order to get anywhere in life alot of money has to be "invested" in classes. Damn it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Super Happy Jen said...

Says who? Get Becca to model for you. You could call your comic: The Adventures of Becca. Base it on something you and her did or discussed recently but then add a fantastical element.

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home